Holi, the festival of colours, is a time for celebration and indulgence. Gujiya is a crowd favourite among the many traditional sweets made during this festival. This sweet, flaky pastry filled with a delicious mixture of khoya, nuts, and dried fruits is a must-have during Holi. But what makes a good Gujiya truly exceptional? The answer lies in the quality of ingredients used, and one ingredient that can make all the difference is ghee.
Ghee, or clarified butter, is an essential ingredient in Indian cuisine. It is used in everything from cooking savoury dishes to making sweets. When it comes to Gujiya, using high-quality ghee is crucial. And that's where Courtyard Farms' 100% authentic Ghee comes in.
Courtyard Farms Ghee is made from the milk of free-range goats, ensuring the ghee is of the highest quality, rich in nutrients and free of harmful chemicals. This pure, high-quality milk is then used to make ghee, prepared using the traditional bilona method.
Using Courtyard Farms Ghee for making Gujiya has several benefits:
- The rich, nutty flavour of the ghee adds depth and complexity to the filling of the Gujiya.
- The texture of the ghee is perfect for making flaky, crisp pastry shells.
- Our traditional ghee made with goat milk has several health benefits and is easy to digest.
It is rich in vitamins A, D, E, and K and healthy fatty acids that are good for the heart.
How do you use Courtyard Farms Ghee for making Gujiya?
Here's a recipe to get you started:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Courtyard Farms Ghee, melted
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1 cup khoya
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- Courtyard Farms 100% authentic ghee for frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and melted ghee. Mix well.
- Slowly add the lukewarm water to the mixture, kneading the dough until it becomes smooth and pliable. Cover the dough and let it rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Mix the khoya, powdered sugar, chopped almonds, chopped cashews, raisins, and cardamom powder in a separate bowl. Mix well to form a smooth filling.
- Divide the dough into small balls, and roll each into a thin disc.
- Place a spoonful of the filling in the centre of the disc, and fold it over to form a half-moon shape. Use a fork to press down the edges of the Gujiya, sealing the filling inside.
- Heat ghee in a deep pan, and fry the Gujiya until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the Gujiya from the pan and place them on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve the Gujiya warm or at room temperature.
Using Courtyard Farms Ghee for making Gujiya is a simple way to elevate this traditional sweet to a whole new level. The ghee's rich, nutty flavour and health benefits make it the perfect ingredient for this festive treat. So, this Holi, indulge in the deliciousness of Gujiya made with Courtyard Farms Ghee and celebrate in style!